Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Apparently batteries are weak or i just dont remember my my…

Customer Question
Apparently batteries are weak or...
Apparently batteries are weak or i just dont remember my my combonation. Either way i cant locate my keys. Could i get my original combo @nd a copy of my k÷y,it need be?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/12/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi…….what you may want to do is change the batteries first off.................depending on your model there should be a slide drawer battery compartment right under the key pad …… be sure to use only fresh, alkaline or lithium batteries (NOT rechargeable ones). Make sure the batteries are seated correctly with the positive and negative…. If there is any corrosion in the battery holder, clean it out with a Q-tip and alcohol ……then use a nail file or a pencil eraser on all the contacts ……..let it dry and reinsert the batteries

Then be sure what you think is your combination and enter it …….you should see a display on your keypad and hear beeping as you enter the numbers. If you don't see/hear anything, there may be something defective with your keypad and/or the opening mechanism/actuator which may be preventing the bars from retracting.

More than likely it could be that all of the moving parts are in need of some lubricant ........what you can try is to put in the combination............tap around on the door (hinge side not necessary) with a rubber or wooden mallet while lifting the handle ..........you might need to try this a few times .....if it opens, then empty the contents from your safe, lube those moving parts including the hinges with WD-40, flex the handle a few times shut it and see if that did the trick

you would have to call the manufacturer for the default code and you'll send them forms and the serial number and a fee of about 30.00.............but lets try this first and then let me know

Thanks

eddie

To change the batteries i have to be able to open the door to access the battery compartment. So i dont really condider your solution a valid one cosidering ive infoformed you im unable to locate the one key i did have. So any other info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

I will need these answered...........

What is the make and model number of your safe? Do you have a manual?

Do you know the correct combination?

When was the last time you successfully opened and closed the safe?

What happened that made it go from working to non-working?