Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have an entry corridor in my house made out of travertine…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an entry corridor in my house made out of travertine tile...with crack and holes everywhere. The sand joints are large 1/4" and tiles of 18" x18" (the are not level flat) Can I do honning on it to level it or the sand grout will ruin the job? If a fill the joints and holes with tenax filler...can it by sand till gloss shine? Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can because there are no contractor in Quebec to do it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/11/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

If you could upload a couple of photos it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

What do you think?

Well it is not as bad as I thought.......a poor job was done I see the uneven tile .......... such a shame because it is such beautiful tile ...........if it were me I would replace it and do the proper mud or the use of ditra.........if you do remove and replace grout you will see the difference in color for a while ........but if you were I would use a Spectralock urethane grout

I hope you have found my answers insightful with content and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank You

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you and you found my answers to your questions helpful and insightful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie