Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Every time we have a driving rain I have a leak come in at…

Customer Question
Every time we have...

Every time we have a driving rain I have a leak come in at the top of my window. I had a window contractor come to determine if I need a new window, they said there is no problem with the window. I had a general contractor come and they check all around the window a didn’t find the problem. What do I do now.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For over a year. I’m afraid that I might get mold.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I’m almost 80 and would not be able to do anything that would require a latter.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did try having call but it didn’t help

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/11/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 9 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .........I don't know if you can take and upload some photos for me .......but quite literally I do need a better picture of things.........I would rather not because this service is at a nominal fee but if I had to I will call the general contractor for you that you had come over and ask him for a better scope of things ...........but if you can please take some photos of the inside and out

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I have no way to take a picture because of the height. If I have to pay for you and the general contractor I will just call a new contractor and see what they think. I can’t afford both.

okay just give me his name, number and when he was there and I will take care of that for you...........would it be okay if I tell him I was your son?.........I don't want to tell him I am another contractor ..........then he will hold back on information and tell me to fix it

I dont know if you should put his number on this ............you may have to call me but Just Answer requires an additional charge for that .......let me know what you want to do

No, I just want to cancel. I will contact someone in my area.
Just cancel my request

no need to cancel anything........... don't rate my service and I won't be credited .............good luck

I didn’t realize that it would be difficult to provide what you needed.