Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Liftmaster MJ5011, 365LM and 371LM and have been…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a Liftmaster MJ5011, 365LM and 371LM and have been trying for several weeks to sync it with my new 2017 Toyota Highlander.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have a Liftmaster MJ5011, 365LM and 371LM and have been trying for several weeks to sync it with my new 2017 Toyota Highlander. I am pretty sure all the wiring connections are correct. The 371LM will close garage door but will not open it. HELP.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Several years and no.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make LIFTMASTER and model of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal….or if this is for car built in what make of the vehicle? TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2017

3-) do you know where the opener (ceiling unit) controls are?

4-) The color of the learn button on the opener is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Unit is compatible. I know where the opener. This old unit has no learn button. The opener remote I have will close but not open door. All equipment is Liftmaster. Instructions with car manual are for Homelink

I need those questions answered unless you want to do this by phone and Just Answer requires an additional charge ............what you're saying is that you have 3 openers?........which is the older one?...........that is not going to work with HomeLink................please get me the separate info on the others

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor