Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Co2 alarm keeps beeping after changing batteries and with…

Customer Question
Co2 alarm keeps beeping...

Co2 alarm keeps beeping after changing batteries and with windows open.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model 3 KN-COB-B. Kidde brand

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have two of these alarms. Both are beeping with all windows in the house open.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, we would like a solution to this puzzle.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/7/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 9 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......what you have there is an integrated system .......meaning if one is effected then they all are so if you treat one you need to have the same remedy for all so........

Disconnect each smoke detector……. if they are hard-wired leave them disconnected…... you’ll un-plug the wiring harness connector at the back of each……... if they also have a battery, remove each and click the "Test" button for approximately 20 seconds to discharge the internal capacitor…….. once each smoke has been disconnected from power, listen if the chirping goes away or if you still hear it.

If only a battery connected, remove each battery and hit the "Test" button for approximately 20 seconds.............again to discharge the capacitor...........once this is completed, kill power to the circuit breakers completely to the OFF position............. then it dust off each with a compressed air canister (like the one you use for your computer) wipe with a soft cloth and install fresh batteries in each and replace………..Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful with content and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank You

eddie