Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Have 2 liftmaster GDO's on a GFI circuit. Nothing else is…

Customer Question
Have 2 liftmaster GDO's...

Have 2 liftmaster GDO's on a GFI circuit. Nothing else is plugged in. How do I determine which one of the GDO's is causing the GFI to trip?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

24 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
11/7/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 9 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........this would all be a process of elimination..........first thing to do is to unplug one of them ......start with the one closest to the GFCI and see if it trips........then the other

how many GFCI are there on that same circuit? or in the garage?

how old are the openers?

they would be better served on a surge protector.......please let me know

Thanks

eddie

1 GFCI. GDO's are 5 years old.

how often .......and in your estimation how ..........why ....... and when do they trip?

I hope you have found my answers insightful with content and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank You

eddie