Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I was given a hot tub. I'm trying figure what it is and what…

I was given a...

I was given a hot tub. I'm trying figure what it is and what kind of power

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

I was given a 6 person hot tub. I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is and what kind of wire to run.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It could be a Vita Caliente serial # A 960022 made by Hercules products

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it . I have an electrician who is helping me - thanks

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I did not receive any information?
Please call me at(###) ###-####if you have an answer - Thanks
10/22/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

​Unfortunately the photo you posted is for the spa pack not the spa itself. Here is a link to Vita spa manuals that you can try to find your model spa from plus have for reference later. There usually is a manufactures date plate located somewhere around the perimeter of the spa usually on the base, or inside the equipment area out of the way perhaps stamped on a piece of paper and affixed like a label. Also most likely the spa is 240v at 50amps, requiring #6 copper wiring, but try to locate the manual for specific info on the wiring.

http://www.thespasyndicate.com/hot-tub-manual/

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, however all my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, therefore I will kindly ask that while your question is open to check your email as I may send you updates or I may need additional information to help answer your question, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question if you believe it has relevance on this issue.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of these requests.

If you have any additional information you would like to add, just let me know and I will see if I can locate some more solutions to this question.

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave

I’m still not able to find a manual for the correct name for my hot tub. I went to a local dealer and said it was Vita Spa but the Vita website does list a model named “Caliente”. I’ve attached more photos to help you identify what it might be.

Photos not attached

Here is a link to the Dimensions 1 manuals, specifically the 2002 Reflections manual has a Caliente HP model listed, perhaps that is your spa?

http://www.d1spas.com/manuals/

Thanks David, I'll check it out.

You are most welcome, hopefully this helps.