Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

The remote will not turn on the gas log fireplace. When I

the remote will not turn...
the remote will not turn on the gas log fireplace. When I press the red button and up flame. The receiver responds with about 8 short beeps
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: 534 JN ser# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have two valor fireplaces. One is not yet installed. I swapped in the remote and reveiver from the new one. It worked once, but am now getting this error. I can raise and lower the valve with the remote, just will not ignite
10/18/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

N​ew appliances can be challenging the first time until you learn how they are suppose to operate. I have included a link to the owners manual for reference and hopefully we can resolve the problems you're experiencing. On page 5 their is a built in safety feature called a Flame Supervision Device. This device might be causing the problem since it is common with initial start ups. Page 9 has an On/Off feature located next to the gas valve. Page 10 discusses how to sync the remote and receiver, page 44 discuss how to properly sync the remote and receiver, if none of those resolve your problem I recommend contacting the company for warranty procedures.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, however all my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, therefore I will kindly ask that while your question is open to check your email as I may send you updates or I may need additional information to help answer your question, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question if you believe it has relevance on this issue.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of these requests.

If you have any additional information you would like to add, just let me know and I will see if I can locate some more solutions to this question.

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor