Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

On my exterior slate tile patio, there is a narrow crack…

On my exterior slate tile...
On my exterior slate tile patio, there is a narrow crack where grout has separated from a masonry wall that surrounds the patio. I don't think it needs to be full re-grouted, just filled/sealed. What material do you recommend to seal the crack?This photo shows a top down view of the patio (darker color) where it joins the wall. You can see the crack in the grout if you look closely.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Use polyurethane caulk. It's made specifically for bonding to cement.

Terrific, thanks. Any particular brands or products that you like and have worked well for you and are long-lasting?

Any of the major brands (Dap, LocTite) work well. There are concrete/cement specific options at the big box stores.

Rick
Rick, General Contractor