Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I live in a condo.I have baseboard heaters.Problem is:the…

Hi,i live in a condo.I...
Hi,i live in a condo.I have baseboard heaters.Problem is:the hardwood floor and the tiles in kitchen do go completely all the way to the wall ,under the heating baseboards.There is a space between the wall and negighboirs wall.Because of this,everytime neighbours under cook,the smell comes to me too.
But the worst thing is that MICE come too!!!i guess the live between the building walls....
I used steel wool where i could,nut i cant reach everywhere.
Question:
HOW CAN I SEAL THE EMPTY SPACE BETWEEN under the heaters,to aboid both smells And MICE???
Should i use some special putty?or some special sealing foam (that would not be affected by heat)?
Please see photo and my red arrows which points to locations with space.i hope there is some type of foam who expands to make sure all spaces can be sealed.Thank you!
10/15/2017
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can use spray foam in a can. Use the non-expanding type.

Can you send me a link,an example?what kind of foam?something that wouldnt be afected by heat and would not emit hazardous chemicals when heat is on.
Hi,please write anything,as I cannot press the stars to rate you.the stars will appear again.thabks

Please try again

Rick
Rick, General Contractor