Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

2003 Polaris 330 magnum 4x4 when backing up it make a

horrible noise like gears slipping...
2003 Polaris 330 magnum 4x4 when backing up it make a horrible noise like gears slipping no problem in low or high. Would this be a transmission or differential?
10/11/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Not brakes or the drive chain dragging? The model has no differential just a chain drive ti the rear axle. And transmission, should not make noise, if it is full of oil.???

Shaft drive front and rear with diff at both ends.
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I came across your question and although I know nothing about this type of vehicle, I can't help but wonder if the problem may possibly be a bad U-Joint?

it seems to slipping in the transmission I have removed it and will tear it down thanks for the thought anyway.

N​o worries, sounds like you have a good idea where the problem is and how to get it resolved. In order for this question to close out I am obligated to start that process by selecting the Answer box. This will then ask you to rate the expert based on several factors. Please note it has nothing to do with the cost or money already committed to the question, we are independent from the financial portion of the site, however each question we try to help answer we are tracked. Therefore I do ask you look favorably when asked, with a 3-5 star rating, 5 preferred is greatly appreciated, and if you would like a refund or credit you would need to contact customer service.

Good Luck on this,

Best,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor