Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Philips Norelco OneBlade QP2520. Any suggestions? I…

Customer Question
I have a Philips...

I have a Philips Norelco OneBlade QP2520. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have had it about 6-8 months and the exact model is QP2520

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It appears to be a power cord?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today; I went to plug in the razor and no light and no charge

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I rarely use this OneBlade so it is not a function of wear and tear...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/7/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Clean out the end of the cord with an old toothbrush (clean and dry), scrubbing out the end of the cord that fits onto the shaver, and also the jack on the shaver that it fits into.

Then try it again.

If that does not cure it, try a different outlet. (A breaker or GFI might have tripped, perhaps, and would need resetting also.) And if that doesn't get it going... then it is presumably defective, within warranty.

The warranty on Norelco products is 24 months, for this type of product.

Call Philips Norelco about the warranty and getting it serviced, with proof of purchase date at hand, at 1-***-***-****.

Monday - Saturday : 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST;

Sunday : 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST

I hope that this answer helps with the problem.