Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How to unscrew I mean clockwise or counter clockwise post…

Customer Question
How to unscrew I...

How to unscrew I mean clockwise or counter clockwise post underneath the knob control of a Garland Ed 36g 3 phase flat top grill

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hour plus

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm the repair guy and there are 3 control knobs on control panel one of the knob is gone and so is the post which screws into the electrical box to control temp of the grill at least it's own section of the grill

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

I would say OLD there's no date on the tag but I could give u the exact serial number 0709100100427

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's 3 phase 10.1 k.w. 28.0kw 48.3 kw and 208 volts

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
What's going on I paid for an answer what up
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/6/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

T​he only time I've ever encountered any thing that has left hand screws are on something that turns in a direction that would make the nut or bolt loosen if it was a right hand thread. for instance the blower wheel on Whirlpool dryer , or the hub nut on a GE washer. So I would say it needs to turn counter clockwise to loosen . Remove another knob and look at the threads with a magnifying glass to see the threads and determine if the threads spiral inward or outward.