Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How can i transition from 4 1/2" to 5" base molding without…

Customer Question
How can i transition...

How can i transition from 4 1/2" to 5" base molding without it looking obvious?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 30 seconds

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm using the same style - but want to avoid ripping the trim for the whole room.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ......why do you need the change......has the grade of flooring become different in an adjoining room?...........or just a preference adjustment?

If you could upload a couple of photos it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I am replacing the molding in one room, and it'll be easier to transition than to rip the trim for the entire room. It will be only at this side of the archway, so I appreciate any suggestions you may have. (I have yet to paint the trim).
Fred
I'm not interested in spending more to resolve this issue...yet.