Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Garage light flickers without activating any openers. If…

Customer Question
Garage light flickers without activating...
Garage light flickers without activating any openers. If opener is activated, light momentarily stops but then continues to flicker. Door does not open.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/5/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​his sounds like the safety beams might be out of alignment. Safety beam lights should be solid and not easy to vibrate or shift when door is in motion. Sometimes the mounting bracket can be bent back into acceptable alignment easy enough. You can verify this simply by moving one beam into position and have another person operate the door switches/remotes. If the door works properly problem solved, if not then you will most likely need to contact a local service provider to further troubleshoot as it may be a communication problem or circuit board issue.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

G​reetings... Just following up to see if you needed further assistance or if the information and recommendation were helpful? if not let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution.

Best,

Dave