Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I lost the paperwork for the safe I bought, I wan to know…

Customer Question
Hi I lost the...

Hi I lost the paperwork for the safe I bought, I wan to know how to program it, I put in 4 numbers and than hit the pound key it lit up three times but no its not doing anything. I have the key handy just in case.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Maybe a year old from Home Depot

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just put batterys in in it about an hour ago, always used key

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

There is no model number on it just a serial number

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/5/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Jason Tyde, Architect replied 10 months ago
Jason Tyde
Jason Tyde, Architect

I am happy to help you with this Home Depot Safe issue. As a licensed architect I do a LOT of shopping at The Home Depot.

Which safe shown on the following website matches what you have?

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Safety-Security-Safes/N-5yc1vZc2b1

What is the serial number you see on the safe? Is there a brand name listed?

Sincerely,

Jason Tyde, Architect