Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Is it possible to disable the motion sensor so that it does…

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to disable the motion sensor so that it does not turn on the light when the beam is broken. My garage doors are open during the summer months and people and pets are constantly walking in/out of the open doorway. I have a model 8355W Liftmaster

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Garage doors and openers were installed on 9/18 this year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/4/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.............. the motion sensor acts as a switch so you can open it up and the two wires that come from it can be capped off and the would disable the switch.................you can also get a stick and point it up so you won't lose its motion sensing ability on a permanent basis........and put it back when you need it........let me know if this works for you if not I will see to offer another solution for you if I can

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful and with content to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And Thank You

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie

I was very interested in getting this resolved for you and was hoping you would contact me.……I am passionate at what I do and helping you out is my objective and concern..…so when you can please let me know where we stand on this issue ……looking forward to hearing from you again

Thanks

eddie