Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I am seeking a part for an old Janitrol furnace, model#

Customer Question
I am seeking a...

I am seeking a part for an old Janitrol furnace, model# 31125ANDOA, but can't seem to find any parts information for that model

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Are you live?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hello?

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Are you for real?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am seeking parts (specifically, fan limit switchs) for an old Janitrol furnace Model# ***** serial# ***** These are the numbers printed/embossed on the furnace. Unfortunately, I seem be be having trouble locating information using this model#. Is there some "alternate" number other than the one given on the furnace? Or can you steer me toward a legitimate parts site that recognizes these numbers?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/3/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Y​ou should not need to reference the furnace information to replace a fan limit switch. Limit switches are usually made by other manufactures and should have a model number on them or you should be able to get a replacement with identical wiring layout. If you need to locate parts sources let me know and I will see what I can locate.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

In this case I do need to reference the furnace information to replace the fan limit switch. The part is so old and cooked that we cannot pull any numbers from it which leaves me stuck looking for it, again, based on the make, model, number of the furnace. Again, this is a very old Janitrol (from the 70's I'd imagine) and the sites I've checked so far don't seem to recognize the info I've given them. So I will repeat my original questions " Is there some 'alternate' number other than the one given on the furnace? Or can you steer me toward a legitimate parts site that recognizes these numbers?" (which you didn't actually answer) and add possibly another, "what are the specs for the original switch and is there another I could substitute?"

That is why I suggested taking the part to an HVAC or Appliance parts store so they can look it up and find a replacement. Janitrol was sold to Goodman and there are many parts suppliers that should stock a replacement for older heaters.

You should be a politician. So far as I see, you have not provided a direct answer to ANY, not ONE, of my questions. Seriously, I want my money back.