Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Genie Garage Door. My dog ran in while the door was…

Customer Question
I have a Genie...

I have a Genie Garage Door. My dog ran in while the door was closing. Now when I try to close the door, it senses something and re-opens. I have tried pulling the disconnect on the track, and also flipping the power to break, neither of those worked. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes, I left it off over night and all day today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This happened once before, when my husband was still a alive, and it started working again with out doing anything. However, now that I am alone, I don't feel safe without the door being in proper order. But I doubt, I could do the work myself. I may be able to have a friend do it if it were fairly simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I'm aware of. Do you know of a solution?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/3/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......safety sensors are out of alignment...........there is a beam that has to meet............when it is correct there are little LED lights that will stay on continually and not flicker......please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful and with content to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And Thank You

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie