Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How can I free up my drill chuck it froze open. Let's do…

Customer Question
How can I free...

How can I free up my drill chuck it froze open

Contractor's Assistant: The Appliance Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

Let's do that then

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about 4 -5 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I get proper instructions

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other it was working just fine until this happened

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/2/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hi...........is this a keyless chuck we are talking about? ...............and the drill......what brand and model is it?

It's key less 18 volt Black and Decker

what made it seize up?..............and can you give it a spray with WD-40?

Hi just following up to see if you had given the chuck a spray and some time for it to penetrate..........after you tell me what might have caused the problem we can move forward on fixing it

Thanks

I hope you have found my answers insightful and with content to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And Thank You

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie