Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

If I was to present pictures of my basement to the expert,

Customer Question
Hi - If I...

Hi - If I was to present pictures of my basement to the expert, will they be able to help me discern if it's active mold or not? somewhat similar to the question : https://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/758fs-found-dark-spots-concrete-basement-wall.html

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Well, basically we had remediation done not to long ago... however i still see these patches on the wall, and im not sure if its discoloration, or if its reemerging....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That will depend on what it is.. its possible it is discoloration or stains from the cleaning, and there is nothing to be done?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Umm, i dont know, i think i can just provide the pictures also

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/30/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi what you can do is spray them down with a little bleach without any scrubbing.......if they disappear then it is active mold re-emerging........you can also pick up a test kit at the Home Depot for under 10.00 to be sure ..............please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi .......the payment did not go through......isn't it something I can answer here ?

Can you try again?

it is not going through for me would you be able to try it again?........can I answer you here at all ?