Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I just removed a set of shutters because the frame was

Customer Question
I just removed a...

I just removed a set of shutters because the wood frame was coming out of the wall and see that the drywall is quite damaged, because of the way they removed the old windows. Should this be filled and with what material?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what brand of shutters are we talking about?

Indoor California style. All plastic.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am an amateur at this.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/29/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Please provide some pictures of the damage
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I only see one but it's enough to gve me an idea of your issue. The problem is that the window casing (trim) is missing. If you're an amateur when it comes to carpentry I'd suggest you call a carpenter to replace the window trim.

Cancel the call please

The call prompt is automatic. I have no control over it. We can continue here. Do you have more questions?