Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My bed will not go up or down, tempurpedic 3 yrs old, it…

Customer Question
My bed will not...

My bed will not go up or down

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Tempurpedic 3 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It worked ok last night when i went to bed but when i tried to lower it to go to sleep it did not work ichanged the batteries in the remote stilldid not work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/25/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 9 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............check the power source and make sure there is power coming into that outlet ....test it with a hair dryer or something akin to that ..........this all is a process of elimination so please let me know and then we will be able to go from there................i will be away for a couple of hours or so but I will check back asap

Thanks

eddie

power source is OK

so you do have power to the outlet and it is getting cut off at the motorized platform bed?........this maybe just a remote problem..............did you change batteries first and then it didn't work?..........what I would like for you to do is..........remove the batteries again and clean any corrosiveness off with alcohol and a swab.....then use a nail file or a pencil eraser and go over those areas where the battery will meet........hopefully this is a simple fix before we move on with any next steps for a solution...........in the meantime I will need is a few questions answered.............

1-) the make THERMAPEDIC and model

2-) have you had any power outages recently?

3-) is it plugged into a surge protector?

thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank you

eddie

Eddie,1) Tempur-pedic model # TES200.
2) My wife pulled the plug out of the wall by accident.
3) It is plugged into a surge protector.Tried everything again last night. No luck.

There may be a reset button on your surge protector.......and on a power box for the bed.........have you found that and pushed it back in?................have you tried plugging the bed directly into a different outlet with an extension cord and without the surge protector that you are positive that this outlet works?........do you have a manual for this ?............please try those and let me know

Thanks

I hope you have found my answers insightful and with content to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And Thank You

eddie

Reset the surge protecter. pressed the black box (2''X 4" power supply? under the bed) double click then single click. No luck. I have misplaced the manual. may need to call you from home.

have you tried plugging the bed directly into a different outlet with an extension cord and without the surge protector that you are positive that this outlet works?...................please try those and let me know

Eddie,Tried different outlet with ext cord without surge protector. No luck.
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago

and you are sure that the outlet you plugged into was on a different circuit right? ....that is why we needed the cord

ext cord plugged in to different circuit.

Okay we ran through the outside peripherals and they checked out .......NOTHING else is off on this circuit right? in other words it can't be a faulty breaker...........so it looks like it would be a base bed part that has to be replaced .........there are some Thermapedic re sets that have to be tried first and you would need to do that with a company technician.......because you need to answer some questions about your unit that I can't........ so I will give you the number to call .......which is 1–800–821–6621 you are going to call them and they will help you with these specific re sets........if you say you bed is only 3 years old you are most likely covered for parts for 5 years......they can send a service tech to sustain your warranty but a fee of about 100. will be assessed......you can replace the part but it will void that ....... ........when you do call ask them to e-mail you a manual if you don't have one.........okay let me know

Thanks

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie