Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have no hot water through our entire house and have two…

Customer Question
We have no hot...

We have no hot water through our entire house and have two different electric hot water heaters that are only 1 year old.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

No not yet it just happened late last night. It was installed 11 months ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I do plan on contacting the plumber that installed them.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It is odd that both water heaters would fail at the same time. You could try pushing the reset button on the upper thermostat behind the upper access panel assuming you have a standard electric water heater.