Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I bought a home and the water is suppose to be heated by…

Customer Question
I bought a home and...
I bought a home and the water is suppose to be heated by oil. I'm not getting any hot water. The oil reads 3/4 full so I'm assuming i'm not out of oil. I haven't touched this thing. I'm not sure what to do
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Do you have a boiler or a separate oil fired water heater?

sorry i'm not sure what that is. I have waterfeeder attached to the machine though

Have you tried pushing the reset button on the burner?

yea nothing happens

Are all the switches/breaker on?

the only light that is on is the waterfeeder attached to it. I don't think the other things light up even when its functioning

Ok then you need to call in a pro.

sorry but why do you say that?

Because you don't sound at all familiar with the system. At this point some troubleshooting is required which requires some familiarity. When the plumber comes ask him to explain how the system works and it's various components.

ok, who do I call? the oil company or a plumber?

Call a plumber

One who services hot water and/or steam heating systems