Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I used the correct code and pushed the handle down but the…

Customer Question
I used the correct...

I used the correct code and pushed the handle down but the safe will not open??

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes correct code model SFW123FTC serial # BN844107

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

First time it has always worked the lever goes down but the door will not open

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/23/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.............

1-) I would recommend is change the batteries …… making sure to use only fresh, alkaline or lithium batteries (NOT rechargeable ones). Make sure the batteries are seated correctly with the positive and negative…. If there is any corrosion in the battery holder, clean it out with a Q-tip and alcohol ……let it dry and reinsert the batteries.

2-) be sure of your combination and enter it …….you should see a display on your keypad and hear beeping as you enter the numbers. If you don't see/hear anything, there may be something defective with your keypad and/or the opening mechanism/actuator which may be preventing the bars from retracting.

3-) it could be that all of the moving parts are in need of some lubricant ........what you can try is to put in the combination............tap around on the door (hinge side not necessary) with a rubber or wooden mallet while lifting the handle ..........you might need to try this a few times .....if it opens, then empty the contents from your safe, lube those moving parts including the hinges with WD-40, flex the handle a few times shut it and see if that did the trick

use WD40 especially on the opening mechanism inside the door and also on the part of the bars that are closest to the door, enter your combination and try pushing on the bars to get them to retract. Use that same rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around the head to tap on those bars and try to get them to retract if in case they aren’t

Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago

I hope you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank you

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie

I was very interested in getting this resolved for you and was hoping you would contact me.……I am passionate at what I do and helping you out is my objective and concern..…so when you can please let me know where we stand on this issue ……looking forward to hearing from you again

Thanks

eddie