Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I am a new home owner in the Denver/Aurora area and I have

sprinkler heads that will not...
I am a new home owner in the Denver/Aurora area and I have sprinkler heads that will not shut off. I turned the sprinkler system off at the control box but 2-3 of the heads are still spraying water?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I awoke this morning to hear water hitting upside the house in the front. I have only been in the house since 1 September. I hadn't notice this until this morning.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No! I am not totally knowledgeable about the system. What should I do?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
9/23/2017
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.............your valve or solenoid is getting hung up and probably needs to be replaced .....you can test it first by putting it on manually and then tapping it with a hammer wrapped with a cloth.........and see if it will shut.......in the meantime if you can get me all the info you have on it as far as make and model and a few photos if you can they would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The unit is a 6 station Orbit system. I am not sure how old the unit is. The system box is control box is located on the wall behind behind the washing machine. I pressed symbol on the unit which was marked with a hand that said manual. I shut main water valve off down the basement, so I have no running water in the house at this time.
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey thanks a lot for the advice and assistance last Saturday. I eventually found the water shut off valve for the sprinkler system in the basement thanks too my son's girlfriend. What would we do without Women!

so true ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am glad you are up and running again and thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor