Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I had a professional asphalt company do work on my driveway.

I had a professional asphalt company do work on my driveway. It had weeds growing in it an areas that were broken. They burnt off the weeds and put hot asphalt patches in 4 areas. One area now has weeds coming through the new asphalt. I called the company and they came back once and just sprayed the patch with sealer. The weeds came back. I called Home Advisor (hired through them) and they said call him back again and they would intervene, if needed.So I called the company back yesterday and they said they will come out again, but weeds are hard to control.What should I expect the company to do? I would like them to get rid of the weeds and fix the patch. Will they have to remove the patch and reapply hot asphalt or just put more on there. I think they spread it too thinly.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

They should get rid of the weeds and fix the patch. The patch may be too thin if weeds apparently have no trouble germinating and pushing through.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thanks. That is what I thought, but I am not familiar with this stuff. I did discuss putting more material on the patch. I paid him already. What do you think about Home Adviser? I was surprised when they said they would get me a refund if the company did not repair the patches.I am also curious about how to aquire hot asphalt myself. The company did not have an asphalt truck. They went somewhere and got the material in a pick up truck and spread the asphalt then went back for more. Do some companies sell asphalt that way? I could rent a truck from Home Depot and put more down myself if this is the case.

Home Advisor is a good source for referrals and has strict policy rules for the contractors who use the site. This isn't something you want to do yourself. The only product you could get would be cold patch which isn't a good solution for your problem.