Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

The remote control will not operate my LiftMaster model

Customer Question
The remote control will...

The remote control will not operate my LiftMaster model 41A3039. I have a little 51 remote control and did put a new 9 V battery, but it doesn't help.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have been operating the garage door lift frequently, but without using the remote control. I probably have not use the remote control in more than 10 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. If it is not simple, then I will have to hire someone.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/21/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi that remote is probably not making good contact now ......so here is what you can do .........remove the batteries and look for any corrosion by the terminals on both ends.......clean them with a cotton swab and alcohol and wipe with a soft cloth......then go over them with a nail file or a pencil eraser .......replace and try again.............please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And thank you for your help

eddie