Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I need a general handyman for small tasks around my home.

Customer Question
I need a general...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For several months.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, that is why I need a handyman.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I live in a condo in North Andover. I think it will take only 4-5 hours total.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/20/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there are two ways to locate a handy man, the least expensive or the very high priced... the high priced ones advertise and I can get you some links, The handymen that work for about half as much are well known by the local hardware stores, stop by a few of them and ask if there is anyone they can recommend.

Good luck, you are welcome to stay in touch without a time limit if you wish.

If you would like me to vet the local higher priced handymen companies for you, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city or town and I will get you a short list. Aside from being higher priced, they are also licensed, bonded and insured so you may want to consider that option.

When you are finished, choose the 'finish and rate your expert...' near the top of your page.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer