Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Question regarding a sliding shower door that seems to

Customer Question
"bounce" on its roller tract...
Question regarding a sliding shower door that seems to "bounce" on its roller tract. New Basco installation
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/20/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

sure what is your question?........but off the get go it could be 2 things ..........the track is out of level ....and 2... you may have a checked wheel or a bad one .......so if you want to see about those then get back in touch with me here

Thanks

eddie

Here is the issue:New Basco sliding door on rollers.Have had the rollers replaced. The header/track replaced. All angles on the frame are square. Track is level and smooth. Have had Basco out twice at attempt resolution. Still no answer to my issue, which is,When I open/close the outside door it sometimes bounces a little as it rolls on the track. Thoughts?Could it be just an issue with all doors in such a situation?

that is hard to say because all the trouble shooting was done ...........does it get to a specific point and bounces ?..............if you go slow with the door will it still bounce?........did you run your finger over that place in the track?.......and see for a nick.......it's hard to believe that you would get two lemons........ the adjustments on the rollers could be askew........in other words just for the sake of argument one is at 30 degrees the other at 30 degrees in the opposite direction...........but the mechanics should have checked that all and corrected it .........I mean it is a bit confounding because it was checked for level and those critical parts were replaced ..........but check the other things I mentioned

I hope you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And thank you for your help

eddie

Sir,With respect, your replies, although appreciated, did not offer any new insights regarding my problem. Had already tried everything you mentioned.Thank you

since I am not there it makes it that much more difficult........that is why I needed your help and those questions answered ....there really isn't that much that could be wrong with this and I was exploring the other realms of possibilities..........but anyway good luck to you