Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My microwave needs repair, rca LMV235BL 001 it was

Customer Question
My microwave needs repair ...

My microwave needs repair

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Rca LMV235BL 001 it was manufactured in 1994...i need to know the cubit size

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No relace

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/20/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

.

Hello, is this a built in micro wave or counter top? If its counter top just go shopping until you find one you like and you are finished.

If its built in you must match the size within half an inch or so. to do that remove the screws that retain the microwave to the cabinet, then slide the microwave out 2 inches and measure the opening size.... then go shopping for a built in with that size frame and the same voltage.

Repairs on that old unit will generally cost as much as replacing it.

.

We can go from there without any time limits until you have all the data you need.

.

We can go from there without a time limit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer