Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have liftmaster, Model #2265R garage door opener. There…

Customer Question
I have liftmaster, Model...

I have liftmaster, Model #2265R garage door opener. There are 2 remotes and a fixed remote in the garage. Recently a problem has occured., When I tryto close the door via the remote in the car, the door starts down, then starts to close and the light starts to blink. I have held the close button down & no better results. i have to go into the garage ,clos3e the door via the fixed remote and exiut thru the house. There is no problem if I try to close the door via the remote in the car. Is it possible that the remores are out of sync & how do fix the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a liftmaster, model #2265R and was manufactured in 2003. I moved intothe house 2 months agog & this just started about 3 weeks ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You tell me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/18/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** *****’d be happy to help you with your difficulties today but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) The make LIFTMASTER and model 2265R of the devices in question and do you have the manuals for them?

2-) how old it might be 14 YEARS and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

This whole thing is hogwash. Really a rip off. I want my money back Half the questions that were in thsolution I already answered. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I'm sorry you feel that way .......I needed information .......and I am not there which makes it that much more difficult.

I want to tell you that I have nothing to do with billing so you need to contact customer service.....you did not rate me so there should only be a subscription charge ..........good luck to you
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor