Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

We just put a new circ pump in and was working fine. Then

the heater quit. So we...
We just put a new circ pump in and was working fine. Then the heater quit. So we replaced it. Now when the jets are on the heater and circ pump are on if you turn of the jets the others stop too.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A just today with install of new heater
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ues
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry yes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/18/2017
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

What is he make, model and year of the spa?

Leisure bay smart series LB102 i believe from 1999 ( cant really find any other info in my paperwork)
Texting is fine.

Here is a link to the manual for reference. I noticed this spa uses DIP switches to control specific components, you might want to verify each item is how you intend it to operate. I also noticed if the system is without power for a specific amount of time the programming will revert back to factory defaults. Could this be the problem?

http://spaparts123.net/Manuals/LeisureBaySpaManuals.html

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

It has been without power for a while. While we waited for the part to arrive and then for the huricane to pass. If it reverted back to factory default. How do we get ot back?

T​he link to the manual has the set up procedures listed. Recommend you set it up in Standard Mode not Economy or Sleep

Nothing has changed with the wiring it is exactly as it was when it was working fine. We only removed and replaced the heater just as is

This is the only manual link I found to the 102 not sure if I trust the download...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/52000795/Leisure-Bay-Spa-manual

O​k if you removed the heater perhaps you got air into the system and now it isn't working the same way as sensors will give error codes or prevent start up. Recommend removing any trapped air. Since you mentioned the hurricane I am wondering if part of the problem is the topside controller received moisture in it?

Everything was fully protected. The tub was not out in the weather. Just without power. We are not getting any error codes but will check for air in the system as well as recheck all of the wiring... again... Im at a loss...
Will let you know how we turn out. Thanks

Y​es please do since you are not getting any error codes. In re-reading your post it sounds like a communications problem between the topside control and the circuit board. Maybe a loose connection, you might try removing the topside controller and see if something on the back side is loose or not making good contact.

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

There are many spa owners now having the same or similar problems since the hurricane. A lot of moisture was in the air that could have effected many spas even if they were not soaked from the rains.

G​reetings... just wondering if you found the advise helpful and if you were able to resolve the problem? If not let me know how else I can be of assistance.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know,

Best,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor