David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

We have an inground pool. Pump was new last aug.. Pump has

We have an inground pool. Pump was new last aug.. Pump has worked well all summer . Today when I started pump I think pump started, when I went back in a few minutes it was not working,breaker was tripped. I reset breaker pump will not start, trips breaker each time I try to start pump
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: pentair
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know

sounds like the pump motor is bad if its trimping the breaker instantly general the pump is worn out

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Is there anyway to check motor?

I​ can think of two possibilities that is causing the problem. 1st is something has jammed the impeller. Easies way to verify is turn the pump off, remove the basket and see if you can spin the impeller. Many times a small rock, toy, seed, screw, glass, etc can wedge itself against the impeller housing and freeze the motor overloading it and tripping the breaker. 2nd thing is if the motor is running too hot it has expanded the bearing and that caused the motor to freeze, tripping the breaker. If neither of these some the problem let me know and I can walk your through troubleshooting.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from what you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience: Owner at Floridaco
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have fixed the problem, you could probably not guess what I found. I decided to take an old pump and motor apart and interchange parts. I started with the capacitor,when I opened it up there was a snail shorting the connection .I removed the snail ,pump is working fine. Thanks Glynn