Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We were heating a pizza stone the other night, at 500

Customer Question
We were heating a...

We were heating a pizza stone the other night, at 500 degrees (required); i think the oven was on at that temp for over an hour and now seems not to be heating. Might we have burned out a wire, or...?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I don't know where the filters are; and if by thermostat you mean the knobs, yes, we have been turning them on to the desired temp

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ideally, if an easy fix. there is a company in our area that can do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope! the lights are on, just no heat.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ..........would you be able to provide me with more information please........

1-) The make and model or number of the oven

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) has this just occurred or were there other faults leading up to it?

4-) can you tell me if everything else is working properly

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics?

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ? PREHEAT OF OVEN TO 500 DEGREES

8-) any detection of foreign odors?

9-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline or away from my desk I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

this first message did not go thru so I am reesending

8-) any detection of foreign odors?

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and insightful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And thank you for your help

eddie