David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

Have a Cal Spa 2100 which is giving me a safety suction

Have a Cal Spa 2100 which is giving me a safety suction error code I've unplugged the sensors and still nothing it's still showing me the safety suction light as well as my light flashes on and off there are no obstructions obvious obstructions
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Cal spa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The a code appeared after I drained and refilled the tub maybe it's a vapor lock

Here is a link to the owners manual for reference. Page 22 explains how to reset the suction safety alert. Most likely you have air trapped in the system that needs to be moved along and released. If you can place a garden hose inside where the filters are and back the hose up with a rag to prevent blowback, you should be able to move the trapped air. If that doesn't work try cracking a quick fitting on the pump or other easy location.

http://calspas.com/downloads/manuals/2001/2001_06_01_manuals_Spas.pdf

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I'm feeling the cartridge the filter area with a hose backing it up with a rag before Ciera is that what the tub running or just the pressure of the water

Sounds good, hopefully it will be an easy resolve.

tub running

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay I've tried to recommendation I packed the filter area with a towel while filling it with a hose for hours made no difference
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I shut off the power and disconnected both suction sensors and still same thing

If no air is trapped you will need to look at the sensors and flow switches. If you can bypass/jump them you can isolate where the problem is. Hopefully it is something simple

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay not to be a jerk I get this is a service sounds like a plan jumpstart do I need jumper wires I probably have some truth is as when I made this inquiry I didn't get a response until late night and that took up the day I had to deal with this then Sunday I was busy which was the whole entire weekend now it's during the week which I work so sounds like I could use some undivided conversation a schedule a time and again I would probably be available maybe all day Thursday but not to jip you out of your service I would need your walkthrough

U​nderstand and unfortunately I have no control over when these posts appear for me to answer. I too work during the day, but I often check my account and will try to help you as best as possible. Please keep in mind I am not in front of your spa and even if I have a manual to reference it is not the same as being in front of it. Additionally I may not be able to solve the problem as you may have deeper issues that I am not able to resolve especially without testing equipment and tools. I can only assist so far, I am here to help answer questions and it may take a service tech to do the work in the field.

B​asically jumping the system is just bypassing certain sensors to see if we can narrow down the problem. If you have a voltage tester that would be a huge help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a voltage tester I'm just right now bathing my son infant son a single dad so when we didn't do this on the weekend it makes it tough I don't have a lot of time but right now the tub is drained and better left for the weekend I don't see it as a complicated system honestly I've looked at this thing and it's a matter of narrowing it down that simple

I​f you already drained it that is a big plus. When you go to fill it fill from the filter ports not inside the tub. This will help push out air and hopefully not allow it to be trapped. Also photos help a lot.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There's not much to the operation of this thing is how many components 6/8 not complicated but when I applied to the site it was the weekend I didn't get an answer until late evening and then meet my schedule so that being said you're giving me answers we're talking and we're going to we're going to beat this little old 15 year old hot tub problem thank you in and at the end I'm going to thank you by calling you on your little site what a tip

Much appreciated and I look forward to speaking with you. Where will you be calling from?

G​reetings... just wondering if you found the advise helpful and if you were able to resolve the problem? If not let me know how else I can be of assistance.

Thanks,

dave