Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have two lift master the one in main garage will not

Customer Question
I have two lift...

I have two lift master the one in main garage will not communicate to car. It worked for few years but now will not open or close with remote or car. If i go into the garage it works ok and the wall switch works fine. It seems it is not receiving the signal from outside the garage.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About two weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it and by the way two remotes with that lift act teh same so we believe it is in the master not getting signal

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/16/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make LIFTMASTER and model of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal

2a-) the make and model of your car

3-) The color of the learn button on the opener

4-) do you know where the opener motor (ceiling unit) controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie