Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do i reset a kidde stor-a-key combination, Kidde

Customer Question
How do i reset...

How do i reset a kidde stor-a-key combination

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kidde Stor-A-Key Locking Key Case
Average rating:5out of5stars, based on2reviews2 reviewsratings
Q&A
By: KiddeWalmart #:###-##-####Kidde Stor-A-Key Locking Key Case Image 1 of 1
This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out.Kidde Stor-A-Key Locking Key Case
Highlights
Locking Stor-A-Key key case has a powerful magnet for mounting, or you can use its optional (included) adhesive metal back
Store spare keys for your home, car, boat, office files, and more
Read more....Tell us if something is incorrect

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just need to reset the combination, someone found out my combo and i want to change it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/15/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Here is a link to the instructions. Click on documents and then store a key instructions. The key container must be closed an then you need to rotate the reset dial 90 degrees until it lines up on the line, then you can set the combination. If you forgot your combination, there are only 999, so 000 to 999 will need to be tried. It will take some time but not too long.

http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/key-security/residential-key-security/key-boxes/locking-key-case/

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches. I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both. After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request. Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting. Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?