Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I recently purchased two KLIK2U Universal Wireless Keyless…

Customer Question
I recently purchased two...

I recently purchased two KLIK2U Universal Wireless Keyless Entry remotes. I have tried programming one of them to two different garage door openers - a Craftsman and a Chamberlain using different PIN numbers. Both openers have the Purple Button. Neither programming effort works. What am I doing wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

This is a first time effort. Are you asking for the model number of each opener? I do know one was manufactured 4/2011 and the other 9/2011.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not thet I know of. I have tried reprogramming several times.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/14/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi do you have a Klik2u programming instruction sheet?..........sometimes it can be a little tricky

I have read it many times!

I think what we can do for openers is start from scratch and if you will..........

I would like to erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions implicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on each of the openers for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the openers what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the openers and replace the batteries which should be fresh

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

next we will try to program the Klik2u again to see

Will this reset affect the remotes I carry in each vehicle?
Never mind that last question! I tried erasing the transmitter and now neither of the remotes I carry in my vehicles works. NOW-HOW DO I FIX THEM!

just re program them .....its not HomeLink right?.........make sure the wall control is working first and then press the learn button on the opener ........you will have 30 seconds hold the remotes with in 12 inches of the opener and click the button on that to reactivate ...............then try to program the Klik2

Thanks for the help. I finally got the remotes re-programmed. However, the CLICKER unit will not respond to the steps that came with the unit. I tried 5 times to re-program, but nothing happened. Any further ideas?

I think you had to use code 3 for the purple button were you able to do that?

If you have found my answers insightful and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

And thank you for your help

eddie

I did use number 3 for the purple button. Nothing happened. The instruction sheet says to enter the selected PIN number, then the ID (#3), and finally to press and release the Smart/Learn button. Is that the proper sequence?

Let me get back to you ....... Probably tomorrow..........i tried something different at one time and I will have to try to remember what it was

you know next time try #4 ........ I think that's what I did ........I am still searching my notes........when you need something you can't find it ..........otherwise it would have popped up 16 times already

yes I was helping someone once and tried #4 ...........so see if it works......I guess try all...........let me know

Thanks

eddie

I obviously accessed our website by mistake. Aside from the anxiety of temporarily losing use of the remotes in my vehicles, we have accomplished absolutely nothing. I demand that the TWO charges to my credit card - $5.00 and $13.00 - be immediately credited back to my account. Thank you.

I'm sorry you feel that way .......you can see that I was trying for you and gave you the fix when the remotes got knocked out.......and I am not there which makes it that much more difficult.........you may have a faulty opener now from all the surges and influxes through the years

I wanted to tell you that I have nothing to do with billing so you need to contact customer service.....you did not rate me so there should only be a subscription charge ..........good luck to you