Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I am an electrician and I an working for a small municipal…

Customer Question
I am an electrician and...
I am an electrician and I an working for a small municipal airport. Their rotating beacon has gone out. The electric motor that makes the beacon turn has burnt up. It is one of the older 2 light WESTINGHOUSE units. Can you tell me where I CAN GET A NEW MOTOR or what can they replace it with?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
The one in question is an ESC-36
9/14/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Leamon Rollo, Electrician replied 11 months ago
Leamon Rollo
Leamon Rollo, Electrician

Good morning. I see youre looking for a replacement motor. grab the information off the data plate on the motor. You will need the Frame size, HP, Volts and RPM's. You should be able to get one from WW Granger or Johnstone Supply. If not there should be a motor shop somewhere near you who can order one for you. Let me know if I can be more assistance.

That has already been done. This is a special motor made for this beacon. It has along shaft with a worm gear on the end.

there is a company called genesis lamp that refurbishes these beacons. They can probably get you a motor. Their email address is***@******.***

Did the company name I send you help in getting your issue resolved?