Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We're in bradenton, fl. our power is back on and all is well…

Customer Question
We're in bradenton, fl...

We're in bradenton, fl. our power is back on and all is well except for our garage doors which have no power. a fridge and lights in the garage are working fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Not an appliance--it's our garage door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's easy.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/13/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ............my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today……… what I would like to do for a start is erase the transmitters.....do a hard reset and then re program.......please follow these instructions implicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor