Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Me and 5 of my neighbors have water either seeping through…

Customer Question
Me and 5 of...

Me and 5 of my neighbors have water either seeping through the foundation or coming in between the foundation and the cinder block walls downstairs. What can KB do for us?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It was the first time for 2 of us the other 3 it has happened before.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We had a strong rainstorm and we checked all the walls and window frames and roof... didn't feels any moisture... about a quarter inch of water came into my house both from the back of the house and from in the closet underneath the book case.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would like to have it fixed by professional

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/12/2017
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

W​ater seeping in comes from 3 possibilities. Saturation and collection from rains or irrigation lines. Broken irrigation or sewer lines. Slab leaks. It is important to know if the water is clean or dirty (sewage). If clean that basically eliminates a sewer line. If clean water is it hot or cold. This can be a slab leak. Best way to tell if you can is to make sure all water is off inside the building, absolutely no leaks and then look at the water meter. If it is turning, good possibility of a slab leak. If saturation you will need to figure out a way to divert rain runoff so the area can dry out.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

The best way to resolve this is to have a qualified service provider do some investigating into the source and maybe even perform leak detection.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago

Thanks,

Dave

Greetings… I have been unable to locate any additional information regarding this question that might offer a possible solution, and was following up to see if you needed further assistance or if the information and recommendation were helpful? If not let me know and I will continue looking for other possible solutions.

Best,

Dave