Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I need to remove humane urine stain from my mattress. It…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove humane urine stain from my mattress

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just happaned last night

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No but its a fairly new mattress

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 2 days by:
9/14/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

It's always so discouraging when this happens to a new mattress! It's happened to me as well.

Try this simple recipe and see if you are pleased with the results:

In an empty spray bottle, mix:

8 oz (1 cup) hydrogen peroxide

3 Tablespoons baking soda

2 drops of dish soap

Several drops of lavender oil, if desired

Keep the bottle stirred, but don't shake too hard or it will want to bubble out of the bottle.

Saturate the entire urine stain with this mixture.

Let it soak it, and give it about an hour or so to dry.

Once dry, vacuum up any baking soda residue on top of the mattress.

Test to see if the stain is gone and the smell removed. If not, repeat again.

I hope this works for you.

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to informational resource!

Susan

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.

I'm checking back in with you to see if you had any luck with the recipe I sent. There are a few other things we can try too, if this recipe doesn't work. Did you find it to be successful?