Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We are replacing carpet with hardwood flooring. currently…

Customer Question
we are replacing carpet with...
we are replacing carpet with hardwood flooring. currently there is ceramic in front of our fireplace but some tiles are cracked. the floor installer recommends taking out the ceramic and replacing with the hardwood. we don't use the fireplace but we may want to sell the house in the near future and we don't want a home inspector saying that this causes fire hazard.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/11/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A hearth space 2' out from the fireplace and the width of the fireplace must be non-flammble material. So you can't just run hardwood up to the fireplace.