Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

U know the conection between engine pump will not connect…

Customer Question
U know the conection...

U know the conection between engine pump will not connect how to bring it together

Contractor's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

Got engine going but not logsplitter no going

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Is there a way I could fix it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
9/11/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Machinc, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Sounds like the valve letting fluid to the splitter or the cylinder is bad ( this usually leaks but not necessarily. )
With The engine off and pressure down make surevthat fluid is getting to each point.
Start by making sure fluid level is not low . You can turn the pump by hand (with the engine off and disabled so no accidental starts )
To move the fluid . If it is making it all the way then the cylinder at the splitter is likely bad.
With it disconnected from the splitter pushing it in should be hard . If very easy it is bad .
It is most likely it or the pump.
If you cant move the fluid by turning the pump by hand ( with all valves on and the line to the cylinder disconnected then the pump is likely bad.
If still not sure anout the pump place the disconnected end hose at the cylinder into a can
Turn off operating valves .
Do This very quickly and just for an instant . Start engine , operate splitter valve momentarily and fluid should shoot into the can.
If it does not work backwards disconnecting line at valve and test . Wear heavy gloves and do not let fluid shoot on your hands or anyehere else. Do not give pressure time to huild when doing these tests . If it comes out (fluid)
under low pressure the part is working .
The fluid should should shoot fairly hard into the can if the pump is working properly.
If still not working when put back together the cylinder is the most likely problem. Replace cylinder.
If dtill not working and all other tests have been completed then its possible the pump is bad .
That does not mean the cylinder was not bad also. If left inactivevfor a long period of time the pump and the cylinder can go bad.
There are probably rebuild kits for your pump orvif small enough easier to just replace.
NOTE :Use caution when working with hydraulics. Wear heavy gloves and safety goggles(not just glasses) open connections carefully and slowly have a heavy rag handy to cover any spray .