Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Garage ddoor remote cannot be programmed, Lifmaster 60/80…

Customer Question
Garage ddoor remote cannot...

Garage ddoor remote cannot be programmed

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Lifmaster 60/80 liftmster 60/80

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Is ther a telephone line we an fcall

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.
1-) the make LIFTMASTER and model 60/80 of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?
2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal
3-) The color of the learn button on the opener
4-) do you know where the opener motor (ceiling unit) controls are?
5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?
6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?
7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?
We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence
If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.
Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance
eddie