Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I just purchased a Chamberlain KLIK3U-Blk2 remote for a

Customer Question
Hi, I just...

Hi, I just purchased a Chamberlain KLIK3U-Blk2 remote for a Genie Opener and am having trouble programming the remote. Following the directions from the insert, after pressing the Prog button, when I press and hold the rt button, the blue LED Flashes but does not turn off. The directions say to hold until it stops flashing 5 times. It will not stop flashing. I'm stuck! What to do?? I can't find the dip switches on the opener itself to duplicate their positions on the remote. Help Tom

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

'95 at least Genie Pro Screw Drive

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The old genie in car remote stopped working 1 week ago. I tried looking at the door motor housing to try to find the dip switches but could not find them.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make GENIE and model of the opener. How old it is. 22 years And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote KLIK3u…..key less or universal

3-) The color of the learn button on the opener

4-) do you know where the opener motor (ceiling unit) controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie