Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Have 3 sinks in kitchen, two have insink-erators that are

Customer Question

have 3 sinks in kitchen, two have insink-erators that are normally not used. yesterday, there started to be a back-up on the inskinkers. we used draino. when the insinkers are turned on, the back-up returns.
we remember only a lump of macaroni and cheese and vegetable cuttings going down
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You'll either need to clean the trap(s) under the sink or snake the drain line.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I run dishwasher before problem is solved? Do I need to turn of water to sink before cleaning traps? Some to clean traps?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You can't run the dishwasher since it's tied into the same drain. You don't need to turn the water off to the sink to clean the trap(s). Don't understand last question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
need plumber to clean traps? ALso, a third sink bubbles up when I run the first insinkerator. does that mean the problem is deeper than the traps?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

If a third sink also has a problem it's an indication that the problem is further down the line and that the drain line will need to be snaked. Calling a drain cleaning service to do this will probably be less expensive than calling a plumber.