Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My AC unit suddenly stopped responding to the remote. I've

Hello. My AC unit suddenly stopped responding to the remote. I've turned the unit off by using the internal operational control. Does the remote simply need new batteries or is is another problem?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I don't have a thermostat.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is a small issue then yes but if it is complicated then I can call someone tomorrow.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Does this sound like an easily fixed problem?

Hi.............what you should do is ....yes change the remote batteries first .....then see if the filter needs to be cleaned because it will shut the unit down..........if you can get me the make and model too ..............Please let me know

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a mitsubishi 2005 MSZ-R22KMY-Z
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is 8/30 PM so I will have to wait till tomorrow so i can buy batteries. But i can do that.

you can try it without new batteries if you want............you'll want to see if there is any blinking light on the unit ...........then turn off the unit at the electrical panel box ........remove the existing batteries from the remote for now and put them back after a couple of minutes......put back on the breaker........... then there should be a reset button to press.on the remote...........let me know if that is a simple fix for us right now

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've tried that but the AC still doesn't respond to the remote so I will try new batteries tomorrow, once I've bought them and if that doesn't work then I will call someone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou for your time. I'm sorry you weren't able to help.

okay............or you can get back in touch with me here for a follow-up

Thank you for the positive rating............ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>